5. WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
What your personal data is used for
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
Information you give to us
We will use this information:
- To enter into contracts with you, where applicable;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This includes adding you as a beneficiary under the WeFlex insurance policy where you have requested this, and administering details of accidents and insurance claims; and
- To notify you about changes to our products and services.
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in operating our business, including the handling of insurance claims. The processing of your personal data will, in many cases, also be necessary for the performance of our contract with you, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
We will also use this information to comply with our legal obligations, e.g. where we are obliged to disclose information under orders from courts and regulators. In such circumstances, our legal basis for processing the personal data will be compliance with a legal obligation.
In addition, we will use the information that you provide to us:
- To provide you with information about other products and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about; and
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products or services we feel may interest you, to notify you of special offers or to carry out market research.
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interests. We have a legitimate interest in keeping you informed about our products and services that may be of interest to you. Please note that when we send you marketing communications, there are separate laws that we adhere to, in addition to data protection laws.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about products and services similar to those which have already been provided to you. If you are a prospective customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Where we permit selected third parties to use your data (whether you are an existing or prospective customer), they will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (i.e. the application form). You may opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and each marketing communication that we send provides a straightforward means of opting out.
Where you are a customer, we may collect vehicle telematics data as further described in our contract with you. This data is used in the legitimate interests of WeFlex, to help ensure that our vehicles are driven responsibly and to help us to comply with our own third party contracts, where applicable.
Information collected automatically by us
We will use this information:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about products or services that may interest you or them.
In these circumstances, the legal basis for processing the data is our legitimate interest in administering and improving our website and its features, and keeping our website secure.
Information provided to us by third parties
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Where you wish to enter into an agreement with us, WeFlex will carry out an automated ‘scoring’ process as part of your application, to tell us whether you meet the relevant criteria. Please note that the results of this process are always reviewed by a member of the WeFlex team – we consider each application carefully and do not accept or reject any applications solely on the basis of the automated ‘scoring’ process.
What happens if I do not provide my personal data?
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you, and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you. In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.